Norwegian Mycelium (NoMy) is looking to expand its Research and Development team. Researchers specializing in fermentation, industrial biotechnology, food science, or fungal biology - with a strong interest in sustainability and disruptive technology development - are encouraged to apply.
Who we are
NoMy is an Oslo-based fermentation science company that’s re-imagining a world of sustainable, bio-based materials, new foods, and alternative feeds. As an impact-driven startup, our mission is to find innovative solutions to global sustainability challenges through the untapped power of fungal fermentation - while supporting a circular economy.
Learn more about us by following Norwegian Mycelium on LinkedIn or visit our website at nomy.no.
About the position
Join our diverse and dynamic scientific team, working on new product development within our key application areas for new food and food/feed ingredients.
The position involves duties from everyday experimental planning, analysis, and dissemination of results, to managing research partnerships and networks.
Ideal candidates have:
- An MSc degree in fungal biology, bioengineering food science or industrial biotechnology, preferentially combined with a PhD
- Experience with data-driven decision making in product development and optimization
- Theoretical and hands-on knowledge of fermentation processes and fungal biology/physiology
- Excellent skills in English (written and spoken), basic skills in Norwegian
- Proactive in your work program to create results on your own and collaboratively
The job is located in Oslo, Norway.
Submit your CV, and a short introduction about yourself and your motivations to our Head of Research, David Andrew Quist at email@example.com.
Application deadline: September 24, 2021. Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job is not the right fit for you, maybe you know someone who would find it of interest? Feel free to forward the job link!